Thursday 20 December 2007

Let God be God

I had such a good time reading the various super powers you want to have.
Funny lah!
Daryl wants to be a cheerleader!? Alvin is scary. Don't go near him, he'll read ur mind. OK i know why.. so no need to talk, just know. hehe. I don't know why Iggy wants to be spiderman.. I thought he would rather be able to see all the colours of the rainbow. Sylvester is not that smart after all. He wants to fly to beat the airfares. but he'll just be a big bird in the air and he'll take a long time to fly to another country. Boeing and Airbus... those things have turbo power... How far can Sly fly? How fast can Sly fly? Got to fly low, cannot fly too high cos not enough oxygen. Nikki is cute and smart... Girl power! Get away from trouble in a fingersnap. As for me yes, I know... My voice is loud enough. Call one time, everyone can hear! I was thinking, actually if I had the power to call the person's name and pop the fellow appears. E.g. "OSAMA!!" out from the Afghan cave into my living room.. shudders...oh no! So if i call his name backwards, then back to the Afghan cave he returns. E.g "AMASO" poof!
ok why did I ask this question again??
oh yes. cos it's advent.
You see we've been meeting thrice a week for advent sessions to fellowship, hear the Word of God and pray together. We want to prepare ourselves to receive Jesus. What's so important that we have to devote such time? give up our old life for Jesus... because Jesus is greater than any superpower. He is Lord over every sovereignty, principality and force.

If really we were given some kind of superpower and we didn't know Jesus... we wouldnt know how best to use it for others. As it is we've got superpower modern technology. But many don't know how to use it wisely. As a result, the Earth, our home, is being destroyed. Often we want to play God and we attempt to do so, often with negative consequences. From this Christmas let God be God and stop playing God.

No comments: