Thursday 7 August 2008

Heart Speaks

I can't help but feel the emotions as I read this blog. Thanks for writing such strong truths. When I was in the cue with Jennylyn, all around us were images of pain, to tell you the truth I wanted to ran away. I waited for Jennylyn as she was being interviewed inside the office. All of us waited we are around 30 people outside and the rain is pouring heavily. I wanted to curse our government and blame why such corruption around us. We can’t even stay in a decent place while we’re cueing. Yes I complained and the feeling was suffocating. I am the most “able” among the group. The rest look hapless and weary. I closed my eyes so hard, I don't want to see nor listen for a moment, but I hear them all supporting each other, even advising others where to go next where to ask for donation. They are even cueing for free biscuits and coffee donated by the vice mayor just to give something to the mourners. Why think about the mourners? I realized how generous these people are!

I was sitting beside a father who had crutches, he told me he can't control his urine since year 2000, I asked him why he is cuing there? Why not go to charity hospital? He told me his wife had stroke and his children are all very young. Beside him was a young girl, his child, around 13 years old, his companion who’ll talk to the social worker and seek assistance. What to do? My heart aches and I beg the Lord’s miracle for them. The young girl came back after the interview with another requirement to go to the Social welfare service to get some social analysis report and endorsement. In my heart I want to burn the place. But the father beside me, reservedly said, let’s just see what we can do next. I realized how patient these people are!

Jennylyn also came out of the office with nothing. They want her to secure the original death certificate! Crazy! That time I avoided looking at her eyes. I was so angry! The place was in Buendia, we live in Payatas, we travelled 3 hours to be there and they won’t give her anything! The social worker told her to give the original death certificate and after 1 week she can get the 3000 pesos subsidy from the Office of the Vice President!!! 1 week more!!! That’s just the same cost if we pay for the added medicines for the her aunt’s body! We left the place with a heavy heart. I walk her to Jollibee and over lunch she told me. Ate May I realize God has purpose why he didn’t give us the money. Maybe he’ll give it to the 3 month old baby beside us with cancer! I was speechless. I realized how sensitive and concern these people are!

I learned something in this journey, the value of just giving...JUST GIVE!!! it doesn't matter how much, but when we encounter someone who ask for help just give! It's not foolish! Subconsciously maybe we fear we'll be used or we're being manipulated, but we have gifts--- to feel, we got gut feelings, intuition and conscience. The heart and brain can decide and discern!!! If we have somthing to give why keep it?

May God bless us with these gifts of generosity and keen heart to reach out to the needy in our midst!!!!

May

No comments: