Friday 2 October 2009

more updates from Manila...

At 4pm, the rains started pouring here in our place. Papa just arrived. He said floods are already knee deep in Fairview. I need to rush to buy groceries. People seem to be in the worry mode. Bread is almost out stock in SM Fairview Mall.


I received a text message from Nadine Tolibas, she’s one of volunteers who went to Erap today. She shared that she had seen many houses washed out by the floods. She mentioned the need for the people to transfer to higher grounds before the new Typhoon Pepeng comes. She shared that her worries, what if they don’t evacuate.

Many people are very much concerned now and wish to donate. Tomorrow Nadine’s friend Julius and their family will be sending donations and relief goods as well. Many of our neighbors are calling; they’ll bring in some clothes for Payatas and Erap as well.

8:30 pm. Just now I receive a text message from Sherlyn, they spent the day packing relief items and visited the Fire House. They were doing good packing more relief items until 8:00pm, until electricity was cut out. She is also asking updates about typhoon Pepeng. I told her typhoon hits Bicol Region now, Metro Manila is in Signal No. 1

Yes, everything happens for a reason, with no electricity in Payatas I just wish my friends do find a cozy spot to rest now. For surely, tomorrow will be a full day.

As for your friend here, I am still in “house arrest” as per doctor’s advice. I have allergies and nursing an infected wound on my feet. The reason might be: rest and relax… God is in control.

Today is the feast of our Holy Guardian Angels too. I’ve been witnessing so many angels and hearing so much news from here and out there in Singapore! 

Take care everyone and please hold on to our mutual prayers that this typhoon wouldn’t hit our country and may the people who are suffering now, in the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Samoa receive all the graces that they need.

No comments: