Monday 20 October 2008

World Mission Day Online Game

World Mission Day was just this Sunday. For those of us who have the luxury to sit in front of our laptops/desktops ever so often to play online games, how about trying out this virtual reality game, Third World Farmer.

It's really challenging. You're in a family of 4 and you need to survive! The 1st time I played it, I was ambitious thinking i could afford to send the son to school. I mean, it's school rite! all kids need to go to school. In the meantime the dad and mum would plant corn that harvested just about $20. As the game goes on, the reality of this 3rd world family sinks in! Oh Man! No one can predict when my corn is going to be destroyed, when are the droughts or if anyone will steal my one and only chicken. in the end desperate i take a deal to store waste chemicals. Sadly, one famiy after another ends up dead! Another time I played this game, i was so desparate to keep my family alive, i made a deal with a poppy salesman and grew opium. Though my conscious pricked, we were able to afford an animal to plough the fields and grow lots of peanuts.

What advice I can give is: think as if you're really in rd world situation! Marry off your members when you can, make sure the new spouse moves to the farm, and have baby when possible... cos the life expectancy is pretty short! so you'll be playing for a few generations!

The game is really an eye-opener!!! Try it!
http://www.3rdworldfarmer.com/

No comments: