Friday 15 May 2009

Yes Lord Yes Lord Yes Yes lord

This is a recent reflection of Mayb (Payatas Coordinator) which echoes very much our thoughts and feelings in the mission. Thank you May! :)

Dear Lord,
It’s been more than 3 years since the very day I said YES to Your call to serve. Tonight I hear a voice in my heart, asking how things have been, how Your love has been revealed. I recalled the many fears I have when I said, okay Lord. YES, I recalled the uneasy feelings, the insecurities as I trek the road to the school. My playful heart imagined a scene that the things around me are not as what they may seem to be. Perhaps beneath the dark and dirty creek that I see was a blue river, perhaps beneath the shabby ragged men and women were noble and valiant people. Perhaps within the frail and under nourished kid is a wise individual. Perhaps beneath the poverty lies an abundance of some sort of a thing. I remember breathing within me hope. I remember telling You, I surrender, I let go. Make me Your instrument. I remember the thought, Your words, You are near, You are in everything.
You led me to many tiny hearts. I survived the deepest pains because you showed me their smiles, their hearts - full of simplicity, full of acceptance, full of contentment. I envied them at the same time a part of me, wanted to carry them far away from what seemed to be real. Muddy, dirty, poor, sad, weak; what others say hopeless realities. Yet thinking about what lies beyond this seeming poverty helped me Lord in the journey. Yes Lord, You are always greater. You are always beyond what my senses can offer. You helped me wonder, You helped me touched the things I can’t imagine to hold. Sometimes, you helped me walked on water and witnessed heartfelt miracles. You woke me up in the reality of Hope and the reality that with every insecurity lies a mightier and greater Truth, which you have revealed to the young, to the weak and the poor. And tonight I remember how You have held me tightly through the gift of this community, to the many hands and fateful encounters. You have brought me to a paradise full of little hearts and flickers of lights. You are greater than all things. You are our strength and courage. You are our patience and refuge. So keep me. Hold me. Help me remember the wonderful moments that You graced me in this journey.

And we continue to say Yes to this call to serve

No comments: